- Un-weaned birds(s) will NOT be shipped.
- Feather Focus reserves the right to refuse any sale for any reason.
- Birds will NOT be held without a deposit, unless a written agreement is in place prior to purchase.
- IF a shipment is ready, and I have a specific flight, and for whatever reason the buyer has to cancel or a
change in the date, a "Keep and Care" fee may be charged at the discretion of Feather Focus.
scheduling another shipping time. The "Keep and Care" fee will be at least ($1) a day. **This is another
- In such a case, I will notify you via email. You will be required to prepay these additional charges prior to
one of those topics I recently added to my policies because I was rudely awakened**
program had changed a bit. However; with that being said, I am NOT in the business to buy them back.
- Birds are sold with a traceable leg band unless noted, to identify the bird and for record keeping purposes.
- If for some reason you cannot keep your bird(s), I will gladly take it back if I breed that mutation as my
you must immediately notify me. I guarantee my birds, so this will not be an incident.
- If for any reason you suspect your purchase is "just not right" when you first get it (within 72 hours)
- I will NOT sell any bird that has any genetic defects....PERIOD. I stand behind each and every sale...100%
at the airport or cargo IF they are able to go COD. If your airline requires your bird(s) to be shipped as
- I ship via Delta/Comair out of Sioux Falls, SD. Prices currently are around $175.00.
- Buyer is responsible for shipping and transportation costs and can be paid when you pick up your bird(s)
prepaid, then the buyer will have to prepay Feather Focus before flight can be booked.
of birds being shipped. Prices for these kennels vary but normally start at $35 (most common) and
- Birds will be shipped in an airline approved kennel. The size of the kennel depends on the number and size
customer is responsible for paying for the cost of the kennel as well.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS:
specific bird(s) no longer than 7 days from original agreement date awaiting the non-refundable deposit.
- Feather Focus accepts payments via PayPal. Each transaction will be charged a 3.75% paypal fee.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25-50% of the price of the bird(s) is required to hold or reserve any bird(s).
- Deposits will be refunded in full ONLY if the bird(s) are undeliverable on sellers part ONLY.
- Bird(s) MUST be paid in full before delivery or flight arrangements are made.
- If payments are not paid according to agreement, they will be placed up for re-sale.
- Parties will be notified in writing.
- Once a verbal sales agreement via e-mail / phone has been made to purchase specific bird(s), I will hold
(There are of course exceptions to this rule, but the party involved will be contacted in writing validating
- If the deposit or payment is not received within 7 days, the bird(s) will be placed back up for sale.
this agreement and would be void if it is not in writing)
to be followed through. Late charges will apply and will be specified in writing.
- If an agreement is entered into with Feather Focus to make payments, then those payments will be expected
- DNA testing is administered thru Avian Biotech and is an additional $35 per bird - at buyers expense.
parents and grandparents.
- All birds are sold with a 100% health guarantee. This health guarantee will be void if my band is removed.
- All birds are sold free of disease, free of genetic malfunctions, and free from any other ailments.
- I guarantee satisfaction and provide references upon request.
- My birds are smoke-free as well.
- My birds are very tame, well adjusted, and have fantastic personalities, due to the genetics from their
great personalities and the parents produce big healthy chicks, and overall you will have a healthier pet,
- Birds with pedigrees or great genetics, are bigger than the average bird because they have quality genetics
show or breeding stock. Get the best of the best! You'll be glad you did! Most of my breeders are tame, and
allow me to touch their babies without biting and is passed on to their babies.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - BEFORE YOUR BIRD ARRIVES - INCLUDING THE DIET THEY ARE
may be hungry. Be sure the cage is already set up with food and water, some millet and tons of toys
- Before you get your new bird(s) home, make sure you have everything ready. They will be thirsty and
specific for your bird(s) you purchased, as well as various types of perches.
waste mix of nuts, fruits, legumes, brown rice, Quaker rolled oats, peanut hearts, sunflower hearts,
- I currently feed Tropican, www.hagen.com (which I am also a Hagen dealer) sprouts and a shell-less or no-
alfalfa and 3 different types of Zupreem Avian Entrees.
in daily portions. I purchase the original mix from www.progrowproducts.com and then I add several
- I make birdy bread which I feed twice weekly to all my birds. I make a huge batch and freeze the balance
varieties of vegetables, applesauce, fruits, cooked beans, brown rice, powdered milk, whole wheat and
anything else I think that would benefit them.
give them 2 different choices in low rise crocks in the morning and also in the evening.
- I serve shell-less or no waste items in a small crock, and the cooked items in a separate crock. I usually
as they want during egg laying season and while they are feeding babies. Egg food can be moistened,
and the parents who are feeding young ones can "gobble" and regurgitate this quickly into the hungry
babies mouths! (I also buy this in a 25-lb bags from Higgins, which makes it economical & healthy too).
I give credit to God, and all the SPECIAL PEOPLE who made Feather Focus evolve!